The MAT governance consists of the Members, Trustees and Local Governors.
Members play a limited but crucial role in safeguarding academy trust governance, they ensure that the governance of the Trust is effective and that the Trust Board is acting in accordance with the trust’s charitable objects.
We currently have four Members:
- Malcolm Cunningham
- Ged Geoghegan
- Alan Hughes
- Jamie Whyte
The Trust Board is composed of trustees and are responsible for the same three core governance functions performed by the governing body in a maintained school.
All trust boards have three core functions:
1. Ensuring clarity of the vision, ethos and strategic direction.
2. Holding the Executive Leaders to account for the educational performance of the school(s) and its pupils and the effective and efficient performance management of staff.
3. Overseeing the financial performance of the school(s) and making sure that its money is well spent
As charity trustees, they must also ensure that they are complying with charity law requirements.
We currently have six trustees:
- Chris Brindley
- Kerry Cleary
- Karen Eccles
- Tabitha Gardner
- Kylie Spark - Head of Trust (CEO)
- Jamie Whyte – Chair of Trust Board
At Inspiring Learners, the Trust Board delegates some governance functions to a Local Governing Body as we recognise the importance and value of local governance at each school in our Trust. See Governance section of the school website for further details
Whilst the Trust Board delegate some functions to the Local Governing Body, the Trust Board remains responsible and accountable for decisions made.