Every governor has a Named Governor role, that is they have a specific area of responsibility.
The aims of the Named Governor roles are:
- Support the school in promoting high standards in the subject
- Support the staffand school in delivering the subject / area
- Fostering closer linksbetween the Governing Body and the school
- Support the Governing Body in carrying out its statutory duties.
Named governors find out about their area and gather information to help the governing body make informed decisions.
In 2018/19, our Joint Local Governing Body has the following Named Governor roles:
- Pupil Performance
- Pupil Premium
- EYFS standards and curriculum
- KS1 standards and curriculum
- KS2 standards and curriculum
- Maths mastery
- Curriculum design
- Pupil voice
- Mental health and wellbeing (staff and pupil)
- Health and Safety
Governors meet termly with their link member of staff and report back to governors at the following local governing body meeting.